Information Asset has developed a best-in-class model to assess the maturity of IBM® InfoSphere® Information Governance Catalog (IGC) to support a data governance program.
Data Governance In a Box
Information Asset uses a standard 16-step approach to operationalize a data governance program.
Data Governance Maturity Assessment
Every step in the Data Governance In a Box methodology drives a series of questions that point to the maturity of a data governance program around IGC. Sample questions in the data governance maturity assessment include the following:
- Is IGC installed correctly in a single tier or multi-tier environment?
- Is IGC performing correctly?
- Are all the connectors performing as expected?
- Have critical data elements (CDEs) been identified?
- Have these CDEs been cataloged in IGC?
- Has a data steward been identified for each CDE?
- Have business definitions and data quality rules been identified for each CDE?
- Have the data quality rules been implemented in a data quality program such as IBM InfoSphere Information Analyzer?
The outcome of the maturity assessment is a series of people, process, and technology recommendations that will improve the overall data governance program based on IGC.
About Information Asset
Information Asset is a boutique consulting firm focused on data governance and enterprise data management. For more information, please visit us at www.information-asset.com. If you are interested in learning more about the data governance maturity assessment for IGC, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.